Monday, July 20, 2009

I create!

My creativity is something I cherish but largely ignore. Some would say that my work at home can show my creativity - I suppose you could say that but I won't! Laundry & dishes & meals & clutter - I am good at creating all those things and even occasionally dealing with them, but they certainly don't nurture my creative side. However, tonight I sat down and created something in my studio with my own hands. I deciphered a pattern, measured, cut, inked, stitched, removed stitches, restitched, and admired. My project is not perfect and needed a bit of an overhaul - sort of like my life. Now I will go to bed happy that I am taking a step in a direction I sometimes think I don't have time for but so yearn to go. Not toward perfection, but toward an overhaul.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter